Sunday, March 30, 2008

Saturday in Chennai

I hung out with Vijaya on Saturday. One of the Chennai tourism web sites I visited put the Aquarium at Marina Beach as a must see item. Vijaya said that it was "over billed", but he took me there anyway. It had been moved, when we went to the new location, this is what we found. They are in the planning stages of building it. The rest of the day went better.

We ate at a Chinese restaurant that had beef on the menu. It's the first place I've seen in Chennai. Of course I tried. I'm pretty sure it was beef, but it must have been from a very scrawny cow. I'll stick with the chicken or mutton from now on. We also went to the BM Birla Planetarium. Before the planetarium show we saw a 3D movie. One of those movies where you wear the glasses and snakes come out of the screen to strike at you. It was fun. The planetarium show was geared for elementary students, but the stars were beautiful, the seats were comfortable, and I took the opportunity to take a short nap.




In the evening, we went to City Center mall and saw a movie. Regardless of what I said in an earlier blog, the City Center mall is very much like shopping in the U.S., even the prices are similar. They had some Karaoke going on in the lobby. We saw the movie Vantage Point. I recommend seeing it.