Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Shaji


This is Shaji. He cooks and cleans the apartment. Shaji's English speaking capability is limited. His accent makes it difficult to understand the words that he knows. Shaji is a Christian. Yesterday, after Mr. Jacob left, we continued a conversation about church. Shaji was asking me a question. He raised his hands and said "Praise the Lord". I did the same. I'm not sure if I answered his question or not. Today, I realized that Shaji is a member of a local Pentecostal church. He called his pastor and I spoke with him. His pastor is coming by on Friday.
The beanine on Shaji's sholder is Flip. My daughter, Jessica, hid Flip in my luggage with instructions to take pictures of him. (Like in the commercial.) Flip is in the earlier pictures of the apartment. Can you find him?