Sunday, April 13, 2008

Cold Showers for Naught

I was gathering up some of my clothes from the back 'washing' deck when I discovered a small hot water heater above and behind the door. Turns out each bathroom has it's own hot water heater. The heater for my bathroom is turned on/off by one of the fifteen switches in my bedroom. Yes, the switch for the hot water heater is on the same panel as the bedroom lights and ceiling fan. I turned it on Friday morning expecting a nice hot shower on Saturday. No luck, while I was at work Friday, someone, I assume the housekeeping crew, turned off the switch. Sunday, my last week in India, I had a nice long hot shower. The fact that I never discovered this before, or bothered to confront the management about the issue, reveals a little to much about my intelligence and character flaws.