Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Cold Showers

Yesterday started out as a good day. I had a warm shower. It was the second warm shower I've had in the three weeks that I've been here. I've developed a technique for taking cold showers. After the first few days, I realized I needed a strategy. I was warned not to open my mouth in the shower due to the water impurities. Keeping your mouth shut is difficult when you stick your head under frigid water and are forced to gasp for breath. Now I ease in and get my body accustom to the temperature before I stick my head in. All the time, I'm imagining myself on vacation jumping into Beaver Lake. When my family goes there in early June, it takes some time getting used to the water when you first jump in. After a few minutes, like the shower, the water is very refreshing.
I thought about posting a picture of me in the shower demonstrating my entry technique, but I didn't want to get the camera wet.